I Fucking Love to set a goal. I don’t even care that New Year’s resolutions are arbitrary and cheesy, I relish that shit. This year a lot of my goals are around promoting better ~self care~ in the form of regular creative activity and intellectual development. I also want to do these things with other people instead of alone and pantsless in my apartment. I mean, I don’t actually want to go outside, but it’s usually good for me to have things like “friends” and “the ability to come in contact with sunlight without hissing.”
Here they are:
- Make AT LEAST one thing per month
- Sew AT LEAST one thing
- Explore other creative hobbies and home improvement projects as interest warrants
- Cooking regular meals doesn’t count but canning does
- Read equal parts garbage fiction, actually good fiction, and the dreaded nonfiction
- Reading stretch goal: either read or sell all my unread nonfiction in the house
- More actively maintain friendships via planning activities like weekend trips, museum members’ nights, game night, regular regional parks outings, etc
- See more of the world!
- Travel somewhere new internationally
- Visit one new national park
- Yoga 4 times per week
- Get help getting finances in order
I’m going to keep this blog as a log primarily for goals #1 & #2, but I’ll try to check in about the others too. I like to reflect via writing on things I make and read. It’s good for me and it’s useful to have a written record of what I’ve done for the next time I want to do it.
Eat shit 2017! I’m coming for you!!!